It finally happened...Kelley has a Blog now.
I had to join the bandwagon. Some of my good friends started one, Keith (who I will formally introduce in some upcoming posts to family and friends who have not yet experienced the shear awesomeness that is Keith) started a blog for his work, and plus Facebook was getting to be kind of a drag. I was getting a little tired of deciphering people's statuses (stati..? shout out to Britt and Keith!) when it said, "Glad that's done!"...well, what did you finish that you are so glad about? Or "UGHHHHH I HATE YOU!"....Who do you hate and whoa! What an angry person. Maybe I should un-friend them. I like to know details people! From the short time I've been reading people's blogs, this totally satisfies my need for knowing the details in people's everyday lives. And I hope my fellow bloggers would like to know some details about me, too.
Hmmm, I guess I should divvy out some details about me now, huh? First I will answer this age old question so many have pondered, "Why a blog now, Kelley?" Other than the fact my friends, Keith, and the sudden lameness of Facebook have influenced me to start a blog, I kind of figured it's a great and easier way to keep people updated on what and how I'm doing out in these neck of the woods. Not saying I lead a G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S life by any means, I just like to tell random stories in a humorous and quirky way about my day-to-day excursions. So definitely no set agenda here! I'm hoping this blog will also redeem myself a bit from my lack of ability to pick up a telephone and actually chat with people. It's sometimes hard for me to track down busy people for a 10 minute conversation, and it's hard for them to wake me up from my after-work nap. So this blog is my temporary solution in those types of situations. But don't think I won't stop calling you! Ohhhh no! I still need social interaction with real human beings, and I just like to hear your sweet voices :)
Next question I'm sure is leaving you on the edge of your seat is about how I came about my creative, innovative, outrageous, provocative, and HILARIOUS title. I pulled it outta my butt. I truly hate titles. I was docked points for not having a creative title on a term paper I did in one of my communication classes. cough cough Dr. Beck. But to explain my creative and deep thought into this title, I would compare it to "Beauty and the Beast" or even "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." - NERD ALERT! They both give the names of the hero/heroine and the topic of choice. Hence, Kelley (your heroine) and the Blog (topic of choice).
Alright then, I think it's time for me to hit the hay. Hope you enjoyed the first official Kelley and the Blog post! And I'm sorry for the undecorated blog spot. I'm too sleepy to even figure out how to get a cute and fun back splash on here. Promise for the next post it will be jazzed up a bit.
Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hmmm...I guess it is decorated. Cool!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out! I'm going to go with stati. Even though I know it's statues, stati gives the sentence a little flare! Also, I felt like we morphed into the same person in reading the second paragraph. I'm pretty sure you were in my head because I am (obviously) the exact same way about keeping in contact with people! That's why we are friends! Sorry I had to delete my last comment because I spelled something wrong!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Britt, it has to be "stati" ... To think any other way would be a whole pile of ridiculousness ... or rediculi! I'm excited to keep up with the blog. Especially because it is impossible to get you on the phone :)
ReplyDeleteps ... nice dots.